Intellectual property (IP) refers to certain legal rights arising from brands, creative works and inventions. The protection of IP is critical to your business and to its profitability.
The most common forms of intellectual property include trademarks, copyright and patents. In general,
- trademarks are words, logos. symbols used to distinguish your goods or services from those of others in the marketplace
- copyright is legal protection for artistic, literary, musical or dramatic works, or computer software
- patents give the exclusive right to make, use or sell an invention in Canada for the term of the patent
- filing and prosecuting trademark applications and obtaining registrations
- licensing and commercializing IP
- enforcing IP assets before the courts and Trademarks Opposition Board
- conducting IP litigation in infringement and cancellation proceedings
Our lawyers include Registered Trademark Agents who are able to file and prosecute trademark applications on your behalf before the Canadian Trademarks Office.
In addition, through our international network of associates, lawyers at Kutty, Syed & Mohamed can protect your IP throughout Canada and the world.